Agape Family Health is looking to hire a Pharmacy Technician. The Pharmacy Technician is under the direct supervision of the Pharmacist. As a pharmacy technician, you will prepare, package, document, and label drug products. Perform all required data entry and filing associated with the process and perform functions related to drug purchasing and inventory control procedures. The technician will participate in the Pharmacy Department Performance Improvement projects/programs and collect data for workload measurements as needed or required. The pharmacy technician verifies patient information while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with regulations.
- Read and interpret physician’s medication orders
- Verify the accuracy of patient information
- Aid in filling, processing, and dispensing medications
- Re-package and label medications
- Adhere to safety practices to ensure quality care for patients
- Help maintain the drug inventory through inventory control practices
- Provide customer service by answering phone calls in a prompt and courteous manner
- Deliver quality customer service to patients, responding to inquiries, questions, or requests, and referring them to the pharmacist for medical information.
- Record medical histories while maintaining confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- Triage requests and prioritize them
- Check for expiration dates on medications on a regular basis
- Process patient insurance
- Perform inventory audits, purchase supplies and medication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current Florida Pharmacy Technician registration/certification required
- 2 years of experience in a retail pharmacy setting.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
- Must be able to work 4 days a month at minimum.
- Covid-19 Vaccination required.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate with a variety of personality types in an efficient and friendly manner.
- Computer proficiency (Microsoft Office, Internet, Pharmacy related software, EHR and online resources).
- Ability to problem solve and work with minimal guidance.
- Able to work flexible hours as assigned.
- Able to work at other ACHC locations as assigned.
Skill Requirements: (X = Required for job)
X Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
Physical Requirements: (X = Required for job)