Provides professional supervisory support to patient access staff following established standards and practices and is a working member of the leadership team. Refers matters outside their scope of duties to the Regional Director of Practice Operations.
- Clinical – provide health care through health promotion, illness prevention and health restoration, responsibilities
- Represents unit in a professional manner by treating all patients, guests, and colleagues in a courteous and cooperative manner.
- Acts as positive role model to the team to ensure patient engagement standards are met.
- Responds to non-clinical patient questions and concerns.
- Supervises and coordinates activities for all patient access staff assigned to the front office, medical assistance, referral/eligibility team members.
- Manage provider schedules/appointment scheduling, and call center scheduling errors.
- Ensures patient access team completion and accuracy for all processes related to check in, check out, appointment scheduling and insurance verification/benefits/authorizations.
- Serves as the trainer for all new patient access team members assigned to check in or check out areas of the front office.
- Ensures all patient access team members are educated and can perform any new procedure or workflow implemented by the organization.
- Confirming all patient demographic and insurance information is accurate during the pre-registration process and/or upon patient arrival.
- Collecting and applying all patient co-pays, co-insurance, and balance amounts due.
- Interviews and provides recommendations for hiring all new patient access team members at assigned locations.
- Submits recommendations for annual reviews and assists with conducting all coaching and performance improvement discussions with patient access staff at assigned location.
- Reviews all patient access staff PTO requests for approval and is responsible for the patient access work schedule for assigned locations.
- Supports the implementation of action plans and workflows that align with the unit and organization strategic initiatives.
- Ensures all equipment used by the patient access team, medical assistants, and referral/eligibility specialist is in working order; orders & receives supplies; and places help desk tickets as appropriate.
- Completes monthly reports as provided by supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Customer Service Standards:
- Support co-workers and engage in positive interactions.
- Communicate professionally and timely with internal and external customers
- Demonstrate friendliness by smiling and making eye contact when greeting all customers.
- Provide helpful assistance in anticipating and responding to the needs of our customers.
- Collaborate with customers in planning and decision making to result in optimal solutions.
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and deal effectively with difficult situations.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- An associates degree in Business Administration is preferred.
- At least one year of clerical/patient access experience in a medical environment is required.
- Must independently recognize and evaluate situations for the level of urgency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Maintains effective and cooperative working relationships with co-workers, leaders, clinical staff and the general public.
- Must be detail oriented and accurate.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Displays an aptitude and willingness to learn new responsibilities.
- Willingly accepts feedback.
- Flexible and innovative.
- Ability to problem-solve and work independently.
- Displays a professional appearance.
- Dependable and reliable in achieving goals.
Skill Requirements: (X = Required for job)
X Abstract mathematical concepts (interpolation, inference, frequency, reliability, formulas, equations, statistics)
Hazards: (X = Required for job)
Flammable, explosive gases
Proximity to moving mechanical parts